Hampshire Trust Bank.
Tighter compliance regulations are challenging organisations in a variety of ways and compliance risk has become one for the most significant concerns for executives in financial institutions. Regulations are continually developing and it is vital that staff keep up to date with the regulations which directly impact their role. Hampshire Trust Bank has developed their own bespoke elearning courses to help ensure their staff are up to speed on regulations and remain compliant. They needed to source a Learning Management System (LMS) to host the elearning and manage staff training and compliance.
When short-listing potential systems and providers, they identified the following key requirements:
- Staff management – the ability to integrate with corporate systems and automatically update new starter and leaver information.
- Managing compliance – the ability to target staff with training relevant to their department / job role automatically. In addition, refresher periods for courses were required and they wanted the system to prompt both staff and their managers when compliance training is due for renewal.
- Flexible reporting – the ability to create custom reports in both Excel and PDF formats that can be scheduled and emailed to HR and compliance teams daily/weekly.
- Rapid implementation – a high priority is placed on staff being compliant with regulations and so they wanted to go live with the system within four weeks.
- Elearning management – the ability to upload SCORM based elearning courses and manage access and learner attempts for courses with examination elements.
- Customisation and branding – to be able to brand the system with the organisations branding and develop a simple, user friendly interface for learners. In addition, the system should be accessible from any device.
Think Learning has implemented a compliance-led, streamlined and low maintenance Totara Learn to address their very specific requirements.
HTB required a rapid Totara Learn implementation; they needed to go live just four weeks after their initial implementation meeting to ensure they could evidence that all existing staff remained compliant. Their Think Learning Project Manager worked in conjunction with their compliance team to configure and populate the system with their entire learning catalogue. Accountabilities and deliverables for each stage were transparent and effectively communicated across the project team.
Totara Learn has integrated seamlessly into Hampshire Trust Bank’s normal business practices, making the move to Totara Learn smooth and hassle free. Hampshire Trust Bank benefits from having an ISO-compliant system with accessible elearning and a cohesive approach to on-boarding. Employees are clear on their compliance requirements owing to certifications, and the L&D team can spot employees requiring additional support, such as those who perform poorly on quizzes. So far the results have been very impressive. 100% of Hampshire Trust Bank’s staff have logged in to the system. Scores in compliance average 93.5% and the lowest score is 91.2% proving the elearning content is effective. All new starters now do at least three pieces of elearning on their first day of employment, demonstrating the accessibility and user friendliness of the system.
Totara Learn is set up to email a completion report to the compliance team each day to give them an overview of all employees’ activity.
The integration with Active Directory, defining compliance training requirements by audience and setting up custom scheduled reports have helped HTB to achieve their objective of implementing an effective, self-managing, ‘hands-free’ system.
A simplified interface enhanced the learner experience for staff, meaning no formal training needed to be provided on how to use the system.
transform your learning today.
If you want to discuss your next learning technologies project with us, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.